Soo… no, I haven’t had any yet! Kiting I mean… I had a little panic attack 5 days ago driving around Yellowstone lake. The first winter storm for the season was coming in and it was the first day of it so the wind was still relatively warm. It was blowing 20 to 25 knots on the lake. The problem was there was no safe launch site and frankly I was a bit afraid given there was noooooobody but us around. We walked on a small beach to look for a good spot but the sand was littered with fresh bear tracks to which Teresa gave me the ‘you are insane if you think I will be waiting for your sorry ass’ look … Needless to say I did not kite!
Today I decided to look for kiting spot in Utah – our next destination. According to a blog post I found the best Kiting destination in Utah is apparently in Wyoming – Sulphur Creek Reservoir, WY. This place is on our way to Salt Lake so I am planning on making a little detour there. I guess I should run the idea past T first … :).
Anyhow, the wait long be long. We are flying to DC on October 16th and will drive to the Outer Banks, NC on October 22nd for 3 days of kiting. Fingers crossed the wind will cooperate 🙂